Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mapping My Emotional History with Food

Dear Lord,
I just completed mapping my emotional history with food. This has got be one of the hardest things I have done. Food has been my idol since I was little. I am not sure when it clicked, but it did. Food satisfied something that I was lacking. I have always gone to food for comfort and really, everything. Food has consumed many years of my life.
I have allowed food to control me. I have gained so much weight over the years. Even as a young child, I was disappointed with myself and the way that I looked. I was embarrassed and it stopped me from being who I should be. I lost confidence in myself.
Even after you found me and I accepted Jesus into my life, I still continue to go to food. It is embedded in me that food is my source of comfort. Lord, help me to seek comfort in you and not food. Lord thank you for bringing all of this to my attention. I ask that you continue to reveal these things to me so that I can grow in my walk with you
Help me to make good food choices. Lord, I want to feel comfortable in my own skin. I want to be healthy and come to you for the things that I need.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment