Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Good Bye Pops...

Today we said good bye to a wonderful man. My father in law passed away during the night. I was so blessed to be able to be here with him. I am thankful that he moved into our home. It gave us a chance to spend time with him and create some good memories. We will always have these memories in our hearts and minds. With all that being said, I stumbled with my food choices today....

I had been keeping a good food journal and eating healthy all week. Today, I just gave up and ate way to much of the "wrong foods". However, I have learned something... It is okay, I CAN START GOOD TOMORROW! On top of all of this emotional eating, Richard and I went to the gym this evening and worked out. This really helped to release some of the emotions that we have been experiencing. I love that we are finding healthy ways to deal with things, instead of burying away all the pain with food and more food. I have hopes that one day I will not turn to food at all and turn to the Lord for my comfort. For now, I am thankful that the Lord has brought me this far.

Dear God,
I am so thankful to know that you have Rick in heaven with you. Lord, help us get through this time. I pray that you will continue to teach Richard and I to come to you for comfort. Help us to be what we need to be for Nathalie and Mickey. Lord, I ask for your covering over our financial situations. I ask you to cover all my stress and help me to release all my stress to you. Seeing Rick go through all of this at such a large weight, is just a reminder as to why we need to become healthy. Lord I surrender my body to you ask for your protection and wisdom.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment